Sunday, November 1, 2015

Everest (2015)


A climbing expedition on Mt. Everest is devastated by a severe snow storm.

Director:

 Baltasar Kormákur

Writers:

 William Nicholson (screenplay), Simon Beaufoy(screenplay)

Stars:

 Jason ClarkeAng Phula SherpaThomas M. Wright



Storyline

On the morning of May 10, 1996, climbers from two commercial expeditions start their final ascent toward the summit of Mount Everest, the highest point on Earth. With little warning, a violent storm strikes the mountain, engulfing the adventurers in one of the fiercest blizzards ever encountered by man. Challenged by the harshest conditions imaginable, the teams must endure blistering winds and freezing temperatures in an epic battle to survive against nearly impossible odds.



User Reviews


I have to disagree, I found this amazing to watch, I mean come on! All you have to do is See Mount Everest and I get all googly-eyed.

I thought the photography was incredible, and the information on how they get there and why they are helping the geologist is fascinating to a "civilian" like me, which is who the movie is for.

If you are a true climber then sure I can imagine it might disappoint, but I'm not sure why.

This isn't supposed to be the final word on what Everest is like, it's a picture of the ascent of one team, and what it takes to get there.

After seeing this gorgeous film I want to try for Everest myself in a few years. Rarely do movies inspire me, but this one did.

No comments: